Eggplant

Eggplant
Photo Credit: Google Image Search

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The BEST vegan ice cream out there!

My schedule got screwed up with all this travel nonsense.

So, at 8:00 last night, I found myself at the grocery store, starving because I had yet to eat dinner (I can hardly make it to 5 before getting hangry), sweaty (had come straight from hot yoga and after a week's hiatus, I was STRUGGLING), and annoyed (I was grocery shopping in yuppy-ville).

I had not done my normal weekend grocery shopping that commences after a leisurely morning of perusing my cookbooks over a cup of coffee and then meandering to the store. Oh no, I tried to make my grocery list while at work, in the middle of the dayfromhell, and had to rely solely on my urges and online recipes.

So, fast forward a few minutes in the fresh food section of the grocery store and you'll find me standing in front of the frozen dessert section. Almost in tears. I haven't had ice cream in a long time. And, I really wanted some. And it was staring me in the face.

But then, glory be, I saw out of the corner of my eye (past the nasty sorbet section), DAIRY FREE ICE CREAM! Could it be? Well, yes it could, but COULD IT TASTE GOOD? That was still yet to be determined. Although the selection of flavors was DRAMATICALLY less than dairy ice cream (why can't Ben and Jerry make a vegan phish food, wouldn't that be ironic???), I settled on a Neapolitan Organic SO Delicious made with Soy milk. No, I don't generally like Neapolitan. Yes, I bought it because it was the only one that came in a quart size. Judge me.

I got home and ate some rather unremarkable food that I did not prepare that will remain nameless, and as I made my way to the freezer, I found myself holding my breath. So many hopes and dreams were frozen inside that quart of ice cream. All could be dashed in one spoonful.

But, let.me.tell.you.

This stuff is GOOD. Maybe even, dare I say, GREAT! It had the same consistency as dairy ice cream and even the milkiness that I know and love.

-Photo Credit: Google Image Search


Go out and BUY this stuff. Yes it's a little more expensive than baking your own cookies, but sometimes, you have to live.

2 comments:

  1. :) :) :) I'm so glad for the joy it brought you!
    I will try to find that. Or get it next time I'm in Minneapolis (or Chicago)! Yum, yum.

    Miss you - wish I was your neighbor! Glad Florida was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Delicious is awesome. I have some of the vanilla kind in my freezer right now. Trader Joe's also makes a delicious cherry chocolate chip variety.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...leave some love.