Eggplant

Eggplant
Photo Credit: Google Image Search

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

First Post!

Hello world...it's me, on a different blog. If any of you were familiar with my old blog (Windy Wisdom), you'll know that I had a decidedly different image and theme than this one. Rather than destroy all traces of said blog (tear tear), I decided to keep it around and start this new one and talk about other things, possibly heading back there from time to time to rant about something like this and this, but for now, this blog is going to follow my ventures in VEGANISM.

Why vegan, you ask? Well, here's the thing, I'm a walking cliche. I'm learning to accept this fact, but I also am learning that in order to be a cliche without being annoying, you have to have some authentic reasoning. So yes, I'm a liberal yuppie who does yoga and loves to cook, but I'm also a trashy tv show loving gal who neglects to shower on a regular basis. TMI? Get used to it...

So, this blog is sort of my attempt at combating this cliche reality. I am a vegan Monday-Friday, mostly. I just started this endeavor about 2 weeks ago and so far so good. I don't have the budget or the willpower to eat already prepared vegan food, so I'm having to try out new recipes that call for no meat, no dairy.

You all will be able to watch from afar as I struggle, spill, sputter, and spew out obscenities while trying to better the world with my personal dietary choices. Aren't you lucky...

So sit back and enjoy the ride.

Oh, and even though I'm a vegan, I still eat honey (I initially had written 'bees' here). Honestly, I don't think bees in hives have such a terrible life. They get to hang out, make honey, inhale smoke (which I'm pretty sure is the equivalent to marijuana in the bee community), and that queen has quite a life.

Quite a life I tell you...

2 comments:

  1. Love the background. Good luck with the new endeavor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO COOL! I used to have a vegan blog: http://www.lifeeating.blogspot.com/

    But then moved to MN and stopped being vegan. I MISS IT! So proud of you and encouraged by you, Ms. Rachel. Awesome! Excited to follow your vegan journey. I have a million cookbook and book recommendations if you want them! Do you listen to the Compassionate Cooks podcast? It's good! Great resources.

    :)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...leave some love.